Skip to main content
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu-Bilici, S., Mesutoglu, C., & Ocak, C. (In press). Investigating the impact of an out-of-school STEM education program on students’ attitudes towards STEM and STEM careers. School Science and Mathematics.
- Tondeur, J. , Scherer, R. , Baran, E. , Siddiq, F. , Valtonen, T, & Sointu, E. (2019). Teacher educators as gatekeepers: Preparing the next generation of teachers for technology integration in education. British Journal of Educational Technology. doi:10.1111/bjet.12748
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Albayrak Sari, A., & Tondeur, J. (2019). Investigating the impact of teacher education strategies on preservice teachers’ TPACK. British Journal of Educational Technology, 50(1), 357-370.
- Ocak, C., & Baran, E. (2019). Observing the indicators of technological pedagogical content knowledge in science classrooms: A video-based research. Journal of Research on Technology in Education.
- Alemdag, E., Cevikbas, S., & Baran, E. (2019). The design, implementation and evaluation of a professional development programme to support teachers’ technology integration in a public education centre. Studies in Continuing Education.
- Baran, E. (2018). Professional development for online and mobile learning: Promoting teachers’ pedagogical inquiry. In J. Voogt, G. Knezek, R. Christensen, K. Lai (Eds). International Handbook of Information Technology in Primary and Secondary Education. Springer.
- Donmez, M., Dogan, S., & Baran, E. (2018). How signaling principle affects learning: An eye tracking study. Mersin University Journal of the Faculty of Education, 14(2), 700-713.
- Scherer, R., Tondeur, J., Siddiq, F., & Baran, E. (2018). The importance of attitudes toward technology for pre-service teachers’ technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge: Comparing structural equation modelling approaches. Computers in Human Behavior, 80, 67–80.
- Celik, S., Baran, E., & Sert, O. (2018). The affordances of mobile-app supported teacher observation. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning, 10(2), 36–49.
- Tondeur, J., Scherer, R., Siddiq, F., & Baran, E. (2017). A comprehensive investigation of TPACK within pre–service teachers’ ICT profiles: Mind the gap! Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 33(3), 46–60.
- Baran, E., Uygun, E., & Altan, T. (2017). Examining Preservice Teachers’ Criteria for Evaluating Educational Mobile Apps. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 54(8), 1117–1141.
- Baran, E., & Correia, A. P. (2016). What motivates examplary online teachers? In J. M. Spector, B. B. Lockee, & M. D. Childress (Eds), Learning, Design, and Technology. An International Compendium of Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., & Uygun, E. (2016). Investigating the impact of a Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK)-based professional development program on science teachers’ TPACK. In M. C. Herring, M. J. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) for educators 2nd ed. (pp. 271-283). New York and London: Routledge.
- Baran, E. (2016). Examining the benefits of a faculty technology mentoring program on graduate students’ professional development. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 32(3), 95–104.
- Baran, E., & Uygun, E. (2016). Putting technological, technological, and content knowledge (TPACK) in action: An integrated TPACK-design-based learning (DBL) approach. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 32(2), 47–63.
- Baran, E. (2016). Investigating faculty technology mentoring as a professional development model: A case study. Journal of Computing in Higher Education, 28, 45–71.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Mesutoglu, C., & Ocak, C. (2016). Moving STEM beyond schools: Students’ perceptions about an out-of-school STEM education program. International Journal of Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology, 4(1). 9–19.
- Baran, E. (2016). Ogretim Teknojilerinde Yeni Egilimler ve Yaklasimlar [New Trends and Approaches in Instructional Technologies].In K. Cagiltay & Y. Goktas (Eds), Ogretim Teknolojilerinin Temelleri: Teoriler, Arastirmalar, Egilimler [The Turkish Handbook of Instructional Technologies, 2nd edition] (pp. 567–581). Ankara: Pegem
- Albayrak Sari, A., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Baran, E., & Ozbay, U. (2016). Farkli branslardaki ogretmenlerin teknolojik pedagojik alan bilgisi (TPAB) yeterlikleri ile bilgi ve iletisim teknolojilerine yonelik tutumlari arasindaki iliskinin incelenmesi [Investigating the relationship between teachers’ technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) competencies and attitudes towards information and communication technologies]. Egitim Teknolojisi Kuram ve Uygulama [Educational Technology Theory and Application], 6(1), 1–21.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Mesutoglu, C. (2015). Fen, teknoloji, muhendislik ve matematik (FETEMM) spotu gelistirme etkinligi[Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) public service announcement development activity]. Arastirma Temelli Etkinlik Dergisi [Journal of Inquiry Based Activities], 5(2), 60–69.
- Canbazoglu Bilici, S., & Baran, E. (2015). Fen bilimleri ogretmenlerinin teknolojik pedagojik alan bilgisine yonelik oz-yeterlik duzeylerinin incelenmesi: boylamsal bir arastirma [The investigation of science teachers’ self-efficacy toward technological pedagogical content knowledge: a longitudinal study]. Gazi Universitesi Gazi Egitim Fakultesi Dergisi [Gazi University Journal of Gazi Educational Faculty], 35(2), 285–306.
- Baran, E., & Canbazoglu Bilici, S. (2015). Teknolojik pedagojik alan bilgisi (TPAB) uzerine alanyazÄ±n iÌ‡ncelemesi: Turkiye ornegi[A review of the research on technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK): The case of Turkey]. Hacettepe Universitesi Egitim Fakultesi Dergisi [H. U. Journal of Education], 30(1), 15–32.
- Baran, E. (2014). A review of research on mobile learning in teacher education. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 17(4), 17–32.
- Baran E., & Correia A. P. (2014). A professional development framework for online teaching. TechTrends, 58(5), 96–102.
- Baran, E., & Khan, S. (2014). Going mobile – Science teacher candidates evaluating mobile apps. In C. Miller & A. Doering (Eds), The New Landscape of Mobile Learning: Redesigning Education in an App-based World (pp. 258–275), New York and London: Routledge.
- Baran, E., Correia, A. P., & Thompson, A. (2013). Tracing successful online teaching in higher education: Voices of exemplary online teachers. Teachers College Record, 115(3). 1–41. [AECT IAP Distance Education Best Journal Article Award – Qualitative-based.]
- Baran, E. (2013). Connect, participate and learn: Transforming pedagogies in higher education. IEEE Bulletin of the Technical Committee on Learning Technology, 15(1), 9–12.
- Baran, E., Correia, A. P., & Thompson, A. (2011). Transforming online teaching practice: Critical analysis of the literature on the roles and competencies of online teachers. Distance Education, 32(3), 421–439.
- Baran, E., Hsueh-Hua C., & Thompson, A. (2011). TPACK: An emerging research and development tool for teacher educators. Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 10(4). 370–377.
- Baran E., & Correia, A. P. (2009). Student-led facilitation strategies in online discussions. Distance Education, 30(1), 339–361.
- Schmidt, D. A., Baran, E., Thompson A. D., Koehler, M. J., Mishra, P., & Shin, T. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2), 123–149. [Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2009 Outstanding Paper Award]
- Karpova, E., Correia, A. P., & Baran, E. (2009). Learn to use and use to learn: Technology in virtual collaboration experience. The Internet and Higher Education, 12(1), 45–52.